Unsere Webseite nutzt Cookies. Wenn Sie auf dieser Webseite bleiben, nehmen wir an, dass Sie damit einverstanden sind. Sie können unsere Cookies löschen. Wie das geht, erfahren Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.
This page is used to test the proper operation of the Apache HTTP server after it has been installed. If you can read this page it means that the Apache HTTP server installed at this site is working properly.
If you are a member of the general public:
The fact that you are seeing this page indicates that the website you just visited is either experiencing problems or is undergoing routine maintenance.
If you would like to let the administrators of this website know that you've seen this page instead of the page you expected, you should send them e-mail. In general, mail sent to the name "webmaster" and directed to the website's domain should reach the appropriate person.
For example, if you experienced problems while visiting www.example.com, you should send e-mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org".
If you are the website administrator:
You may now add content to the directory /var/www/html/. Note that until you do so, people visiting your website will see this page and not your content. To prevent this page from ever being used, follow the instructions in the file /etc/httpd/conf.d/welcome.conf.
You are free to use the images below on Apache and CentOS Linux powered HTTP servers. Thanks for using Apache and CentOS!
The Community ENTerprise Operating System (CentOS) Linux is a community-supported enterprise distribution derived from sources freely provided to the public by Red Hat. As such, CentOS Linux aims to be functionally compatible with Red Hat Enterprise Linux. The CentOS Project is the organization that builds CentOS. We mainly change packages to remove upstream vendor branding and artwork.
CentOS is an Operating System and it is used to power this website; however, the webserver is owned by the domain owner and not the CentOS Project. If you have issues with the content of this site, contact the owner of the domain, not the CentOS Project.
Unless this server is on the centos.org domain, the CentOS Project doesn't have anything to do with the content on this webserver or any e-mails that directed you to this site.
For example, if this website is www.example.com, you would find the owner of the example.com domain at the following WHOIS server:
-15. century colonisation
- slavery at first in Portugal
- needed worves for colonisatio
- 1444 beginning of slave markets in Portugal => taken from west-african coast
- slavery began in Spain
- arabian sold from Central Africa in Arabia, India, Iran, became slaves
- in America 20 - 100 MIo slaves in the whole space of time
- in 1619 first african slaves brought to Jamestown
- subject to the limited servitude ( status which all indian,white and black servants in the colonies had )
- at first only few slaves
- 1641 - 1661 laws for slavery made
- 17th century plantation system in North-America -> more slaves were needed
- in northern colonies they had to work in the house and in the business
- colonies in New York , New Yersey and Pennsylvania -> worked on farms
- in War of Independence laws changed
- slaves became REAL slaves ( time before : had been bound servants
rights of slaves:
- supported when they were ill and old
- got religious instructions
- were allowed to be witnesses
- often allowed to have property, to marry and to have free-time
- were limited able to make contracts -> if carried out depending on owners
- often human rights disregarded :
- women raped and families splitted
- got cruel treatment, were mutilated, got brands, were laid in chains and
sometimes even killed
---> practiced till 19th century and people who did it weren't punished
- 1792 in Denmark |
- 1807 in England } laws made
- 1808 in the USA |
- 1848 in France |
- 1863 in the Netherlands } slaves freed
- 1888 in Brazil |
slavery in the 20th century:
- 1929 forbidden
- 1951 still people in slavery
- 1956 UNO conference : slaves outlawed
- 2001 children in slavery; in Togo,Mali,Benin
- every year 200 000 children are sold
slavery in the world:
- was accepted
- was unrenounceable
slaves were prisoners of war
- had to work on the fields
in the middleage :
- was improvement
nations through invasions -> slaves became serfs
-accepted from the beginning
- prophet Mohammed treated gently
used for housework
India and China :
- houseslaves, agriculture
- used for great buildings
- for burial places
- slaves freed after a certain time if they were egypt
- work in the field and for war services
- 1713 => South Sea Company supplies spanish colonies with slaves ( they got the right )
France, Holland, Denmark active till 16./17. century