Unsere Webseite nutzt Cookies. Wenn Sie auf dieser Webseite bleiben, nehmen wir an, dass Sie damit einverstanden sind. Sie können unsere Cookies löschen. Wie das geht, erfahren Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.
Arbeit: In my opinion it is not possible at all to decide on one teacher who is - or rather was - the best teacher I ever had, because there are always several categorys to form a judgement (= sich ein Urteil bilden) about a teacher. The following questions are some suggestions tp think about a good teacher:
- How much interesting are the lessons? Does he use old and simple methods by arranging an "I-am-standing-in-front-of-you-and-you-have-to-listen-to -me-teaching"? Or does he go to trouble (= sich die Mühe machen) to teach his students in a more creative way that activates them to learn by thinking on their own and livens up (= Abwechslung bringen in ...) the lessons?
- Also important is the question about the pedagogical talent of the teacher: Is he capable of explaining the facts in an understandable way? Does he answer the students' questions?
- The behaviour towards the pupils is significant, too: Does the teacher always talk in a calm way or does he shout at the students when he is angry? Does he transfer his private problems on them?
-Another point is the teacher's empathy: Does the understand his students' worries, problems and conflicts? Does he accept their character traits? Does he know how it feels like to be a teenager?
- Besides sometimes there is a huge difference between the teacher practising his job and the teacher in his private life. The way he connects these two sides often decides about his sympathy.
- The teacher's intentions are also important. Does he see his profession as a calling or is he just teaching to earn his livelihood (= Lebensunterhalt)?
- The qualities a good teacher has to personify are also conditional on (= abhängig von) the pupils' age and on their personal sympathies and dislikes. These feelings are not rational (= verstandesmäßig).
All in all I think a good teacher should steer middle course (= den Mittelweg einschlagen). That means, to find a compromise on all the virtues and critiria I mentioned.